What is covered: All products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship.
Who is covered: This warranty extends only to you as the original purchaser
What is not covered: This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or any damage or loss caused by abuse or misuse or improper installation. All materials can lose original intensity after long exposure to the sun.
What We Will Do: If your product is defective, we will replace, without charge, that defective product. This shall be your sole remedy under this warranty.Click here for our return policy
Shipping is FREE to all areas in Canada, wherever shipping by land is available. Unless stated otherwise on our site, please expect to receive your rug in approximately 5-10 business days (depending on the manufacturer). Very few exceptions may apply where you will receive your rug in up to 14 days. Please note that custom made rugs may take up to 4-5 weeks to receive. If your rug is backordered, we will contact you by phone or email. If it is not possible to ship to your location by land, you will be advised of the shipping cost before your order is shipped.
Order Processing Fee
The Rug District has adopted an industry standard order processing fee on all orders. By adopting this fee, it allows us to keep our prices low and continue offering free shipping on all products.
Terms And Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the text on the site without the written permission of TheRugDistrict.ca.
2. TheRugDistrict.ca assumes no liability, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site.
3. Any communication you transmit to the site by e-mail or other methods, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-proprietary, unless otherwise specifically indicated. Anything you transmit becomes the property of TheRugDistrict.ca and may be used for any purpose including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, posting or general public information.
4. Subject to our Privacy Statement, all information submitted via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of TheRugDistrict.ca and its affiliates, we and our affiliates shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information a visitor to this site provides through this site. TheRugDistrict.ca and its affiliates shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information except as agreed by the entity having the direct customer relationship or as otherwise specifically agreed or required by law.
5. Although TheRugDistrict.ca, from time to time, monitors or reviews postings, transmissions, and the like on the site, TheRugDistrict.ca is under no obligation to do so and assumes no liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. TheRugDistrict.ca will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing TheRugDistrict.ca to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Order Changes and Cancellations
We will do everything we can to help you with any changes to your order. We send your order directly to the manufacturer to ensure prompt production and delivery of your Rugs. Most orders may be changed within the first 24 hours for no additional fees, however certain items instantly go into production and may incur a fee to change. Absolutely no changes after 24 hours. Orders may be cancelled within the first 24 hours for a minimum 10% transaction fee. All changes and cancellations must be done via phone.
All Phone order customers are responsible to verify their orders on the order confirmation that is emailed to them after checkout. Customers that fail to do so will void the satisfaction guarantee on the website. This is a tool to ensure no mistakes are made. We strongly suggest that you review your email confirmation after every order. If a customer does not receive an email confirmation for any reason such as an incorrectly entered email address, it is the customer's responsibility to contact TheRugDistrict in order to obtain their order confirmation.
This privacy statement covers the site www.TheRugDistrict.ca.
- What personally identifiable information TheRugDistrict.ca collects.
- What personally identifiable information third parties collect through the Web site.
- What organization collects the information?
- How TheRugDistrict.ca uses the information.
- With whom TheRugDistrict.ca may share user information.
- What choices are available to users regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under TheRugDistrict.ca control.
- How users can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
TheRugDistrict.ca is the sole owner of the information collected on www.TheRugDistrict.ca. TheRugDistrict.ca collects information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
In order to purchase items from this Web site, a user must first complete the registration form. During application process a user is required to give contact information (such as name and email address), physical address and credit card information for purposes of the transaction. We require this information because we will:
- Contact the user about services on our site for which he has expressed interest; and
- Process orders submitted by our users
Information provided to TheRugDistrict.ca is not shared with any entities or parties who are not specifically in the business of providing Rugs. Your information will not be sold, shared or otherwise distributed to anyone other than our Rug fabricators and freight forwarders who require this shared information for purposes of shipping your product. We understand and value the need for privacy with financial and personal information, and guard such data with the utmost care.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Special Offers and Updates
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the opt-out options at the bottom of all such communications.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers on occasion, to accurately depict the number of users on our site, the average traffic and/or usage statistics of the TheRugDistrict.ca site, and other relevant information. This information is used to evaluate the viability and performance of www.TheRugDistrict.ca. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Third Party Advertisers
TheRugDistrict.ca shares Web site usage information about users with a reputable third party (such as AOL, MSN and Yahoo) for the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this site and other sites.
In the event TheRugDistrict.ca goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email AND prominent notice on the www.TheRugDistrict.ca web site for thirty (30) days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users' personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or announcements and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by selecting "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any e-mail and following the directions.
Users of our site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether or not they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, TheRugDistrict.ca, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used/shared with the contest or survey sponsors to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Users' personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users' personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or bank check number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just 'surfing'.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every 6 months, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users' information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment.
If users have any questions about the security at our Web site, users can send an email to contact(at)TheRugDistrict(dot)ca.
Supplementation of Information
In order for this Web site to properly fulfill its obligation to users it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from 3rd party sources.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as postal code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personally identifiable information. This can usually be done by emailing our Customer Support at contact(at)TheRugDistrict(dot)ca. Or, contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
TheRugDistrict.ca strives for accuracy in all item descriptions, photographs, detailed specifications, pricing, links and any other product-related information contained herein or referenced on our website. Due to human error and other determinates we cannot guarantee that all item descriptions, photographs, compatibility references, detailed specifications, pricing, links and any other product-related information listed is entirely accurate, complete or current, nor can we assume responsibility for these errors. In the event a product listed on our website is labeled with an incorrect price due to some typographical, informational, technical or other error, TheRugDistrict.ca shall at its sole discretion have the right to refuse and/or cancel any order for said product and immediately amend, correct and/or remove the inaccurate information.
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
8180 DEVONSHIRE SUITE 202
Phone: (888) 926-1271
Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM Eastern Time
Click Here to contact customer support.